When you set up a site on the White Label Dating platform, you have the option to create a niche dating site. There are a number of reasons you might choose to set up a niche site, with the most important being lower acquisition costs and a higher propensity to convert.
This is because niche dating sites offer members a more tailored user experience, meaning they’re more likely to meet people they share similar interests with.
There are a large number of niche settings that you can use. These fall into the following categories:
- Age - You might choose to create a site for over 40s or over 60s for example.
- Sexuality - This is where you can select which sexuality your site should target, e.g. straight, gay, lesbian.
- Location - You can also niche your site by location, which is a great way of allowing members to connect with people local to them. Speak to your partner manager to set up a location-niched site.
- Interests – For more closely tailored advertising opportunities, you can create sites niched by interests such as sports, music, gardening or baking.
- Characteristics – You also have the option to niche by different characteristics, including occupation, ethnicity or even hair colour.
Why do we recommend niching?
Niching gives you a point of differentiation from other dating sites. This is because niche sites offer members a more tailored experience, which means they’re more engaged with the site and have a higher propensity to convert. In addition, as you aren’t bidding on highly competitive keywords, it’s also much more cost-effective to acquire niche traffic.
The return on investment becomes even greater when you cross-sell between your sites. By offering members an alternative within your own portfolio, you reduce your cost per acquisition by only paying to acquire them once, but having multiple opportunities to monetise them. Learn more about cross-selling here.
If you have any questions about how to set up a niche site, get in touch with your partner manager today.